The Department at Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad offers 5-year Integrated M.Sc. Tech. Applied Geology, 3-year M.Sc. Tech. Applied Geology, 2-year M.Tech in Mineral Exploration, Engineering Geology and Petroleum Exploration, and Ph.D. programmes.
- Besides, the department organises conferences, seminars and workshops and provides training programmes, consultancy and testing services, both at international and national levels.
- The department has developed a very strong Industry-Institution relationship which is unique in the country.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Mineralogy
- Applied Geochemistry
- Methods of Structural Geology
- Micropaleontology and Vertebrate Palaeontology
- Mathematics for Geoscientists
- Mineralogy and Geochemistry Practical
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidate should have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a Masters’ degree in Science from Institutes recognized by the Government.
- The minimum marks are 60% or CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10-point scale) in Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a Masters’ degree in Science.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST and who have the basic qualifying degree is eligible to apply, provided s/he has secured first class or marks not less than 55% or CGPA not less than 5.5 in the relevant degree.
- Admission to this programme is through the Common Offer Acceptance Portal.
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidates should have a valid GATE score that remains valid at the time of admission.
International180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 90 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 90 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- 8000 RS
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.