The Digital Information and Media Management MSc programme from Aberystwyth University will teach you about the complexities of digital asset and media management including the development of policies, procedures and processes required to ensure the integrity and accessibility of digital material over time, as well as the governance requirements. You will graduate with the skills and experience to manage digital information for any size of organisation, be it national, governmental or international. By undertaking this Masters you will be equipped with conventional skills in both records and archive management; and in the specific theoretical and technical processes surrounding digital information and media management.
This unique combination of disciplines and skills will prepare you for managerial and strategic roles in both academic and professional contexts. In addition to subject-specific skills and knowledge, you will have the opportunity to develop a set of widely-applicable professional skills to help you in any workplace – information-related or otherwise. On completion of this course your employability will be greatly enhanced to give you the best possible chance of successful entry into your chosen career path.
This degree will equip you with latest developments in digital information curation, both in terms of technological and theoretical approaches. By balancing the theory with the practice, you will be strongly placed to succeed in the jobs marketplace, particularly in organisations that prize well-trained managers of its most valuable resource: information. The course will also equip you with a wide range of more general work skills – in research, analysis, writing, presentation and management – ensuring your employability is improved across the board.
- Access, Outreach and Advocacy
- Archives and Records – Practical Project
- Digital Collection Development
- Digital Preservation
- Knowledge and Information Architecture
- Record Keeping Process and Practice
- Record Keeping Theories and Contexts
- Research in the Profession
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Distance Learning application deadlines are two months prior to the course start dates.
DisciplinesLibrary Science Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 10 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
- The minimum basic entry requirement for a Master’s degree is normally a good Honours Degree or equivalent.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.