Chemical engineering is the profession in which a knowledge of mathematics, chemistry, and other natural sciences gained by study, experience, and practice is applied with judgment to develop economic ways of using materials and energy for the benefit of mankind. (AIChE)
- ISM has always been a pioneer for delivering well qualified and able hands for the growth of energy sector, not only nationally but also worldwide. The Department of Chemical Engineering of Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad was established in November 2010.
- The Department of Chemical Engineering aims to provide advanced teaching and research facilities to the students to enable them to create and apply innovative technologies in chemical, process and energy based industries as well as efficiently utilize their knowledge and skills to find solutions of problems related to such industries.
- The Department of Chemical Engineering started offering IV Year Bachelor of Technology (BTech) program from the academic year 2011 – 2012. It also offers post-graduate and research programs such as Master of Technology (MTech) and PhD in Chemical Engineering; MTech being commenced from July 2014.
- Though the Department of Chemical Engineering has been established recently, many courses and activities related to Chemical Engineering field have been going on since last 35 years. Active research work is going on in different fields of Chemical Engineering since many years.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 27 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidate should have a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a Masters’ degree in Science from Institutes recognized by the Government.
- The minimum marks are 60% or CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10-point scale) in Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a Masters’ degree in Science.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST and who have the basic qualifying degree is eligible to apply, provided s/he has secured first class or marks not less than 55% or CGPA not less than 5.5 in the relevant degree.
- Admission to this programme is through the Common Offer Acceptance Portal.
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidates should have a valid GATE score that remains valid at the time of admission.
International180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 90 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National180 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 90 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.