Why study the Advanced Media Production MSc via distance learning at Aberystwyth University?
- You will be trained in the fundamental practical skills required in the pre-production, production and post-production sectors of the media and creative industries.
- You will learn about different programming technologies, with a particular focus on digital media. You will also explore computational logic, web architecture, datastores and data management, and web applications.
- You will be introduced to concepts underlying digital image processing, video and 3D graphics and animation techniques, and the technologies underpinning Extended Reality (XR).
- You will explore the digital landscape and the relationship between gender and media.
- You will acquire valuable research skills and gain a critical understanding of the key challenges (both methodological and practical) of conducting research and an ability to integrate them into your own research.
- You will benefit from the combined expertise of the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies.
- Some modules will follow a blended learning programme of short workshops of between 1-3 days, combined with elements of distance learning.
- Workshops will take place in Aberystwyth or other locations in Wales.
- You can take modules for your own continuing professional development or interest, or they can be built towards a variety of postgraduate qualifications. On successful completion of 60 credits, you will qualify for a PG Certificate; on successful completion of 120 credits, you will qualify for a PG Diploma; on successful completion of 180 credits, you will qualify for the full MSc.
- You can take up to two years to complete a PG Certificate. To complete the full MSc, you can take up to five years.
- Some modules will be available to study through the medium of Welsh and/or English.
Your training will lend itself to research and innovation within the creative industries sector and will directly benefit your employer through your improved technical and research skills.
- Media Production Skills
- Programming for Digital Media
- Research Concepts and Skills
- Advanced Media Production Skills
- Applied Graphics
- Big Data
- Web Development
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Distance Learning application deadlines are two months prior to the course start dates.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 27 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aberystwyth University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All modules are taught at postgraduate level (level 7). You must hold a degree level qualification in any subject or have equivalent industrial experience.
- You must be in employment in a relevant industry and be based in the West Wales & Valleys region in order to receive the discounted fees.
- You must provide proof that you are legally able to reside in the UK and have the right to work or study in the UK during the period of ESF support in order to receive the discounted fees.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 60 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.