Graduates will be able to create tests, examine issues related to learning from infancy and childhood to adulthood and old age, analyze data, and evaluate research outcomes that can lead to educational applications.
The goal of the Science of Learning and Assessment programme at HSE University will be to produce leaders in learning science and assessment who can create tools for improving life-long learning and well-being.
Where to work after the master’s program
- Build a research career: through participation in international projects, master classes from foreign colleagues, and teaching basic courses in English, it can become international.
- Become a sought-after consultant and analyst, ready to assess the quality of training projects and predict their development, in state and commercial organizations of any profile.
- To act as a game technician - to gamify educational programs and measurement tools.
- Become a highly qualified school psychologist with more in-depth knowledge than those with a basic profile education.
- Work with children and adults with developmental and cognitive disabilities: offer programs to compensate for their learning difficulties, create educational applications, advise developers of educational products, and adapt education for different types of developmental disabilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureIn the process of learning you will
- Master various neuroscience approaches and tools, including magnetic resonance imaging, electroencephalography, eye-tracking, and drawing on genome characteristics with their connections to cognition and educational outcomes.
- Be able to create tests, polling tools and assessment instruments for education, HR, psychology, scientific research in various fields.
- Learn to use the tools of computational psychometrics: analyze behavior by digital trace, use multivariate models, R and Python programming languages, use artificial intelligence intelligently, search for data driven and evidence based solutions.
- learn in project logic. Much of the knowledge is acquired through project work: each student completes two projects over two years (12 educational credits) and undergoes two research internships - this is possible not only at HSE, but also at partner organizations, including FIPI, FIOCO, ICCO, ECOPSI,
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The programme welcomes students from various backgrounds with an interest in education, developmental cognitive neuroscience, assessment, psychometrics and interdisciplinary methods. Our students’ academic backgrounds include education, psychology, sociology, linguistics, biology, economics, computer science, management, philosophy, history, geography, and mathematics.
Application to the programme, in addition to general documents, includes a portfolio.
Higher education diploma
Courses, summer schools etc, relevant to the program’s goals
Certificates of English language proficiency
Research experience, project experience
Course Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2238 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2238 EUR per year during 24 months.
195 000 –390 000 RUB/year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.