Art - Environmental Art and Social Practice from University of California, Santa Cruz integrates the resources of a great public university with the Art Department’s mission of educating and training students in cross-disciplinary, multimedia art practices.
Students at Art - Environmental Art and Social Practice from University of California, Santa Cruz will:
- translate concerns for environmental and social justice into contemporary art practices through professional training combining project-based research, seminars, faculty mentorship, electives, visiting artists, and peer critiques.
- experiment with different approaches to build their practices conceptually and practically, while critically and creatively exploring art’s role as a catalyst for radical change.
- Practice Based Research Sequence
- Methods & Histories
- Theory & Practice
- Art Pedagogies
- Writing Matters
- Curatorial Collective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 705 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- A digital portfolio of up to 20 images and/or up to 10 minutes of video (total).
- A statement of intent
- A curriculum vita outlining education and relevant experience
- A statement of personal history: 500 - 1500 words
- Transcripts from all degree granting institutions you have attended in the past.
- 3 letters of reference: Names and contact information for three references.
- English language test scores for ESL applicants (see International applicants, below).
- GPA 3.0
International15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
National15102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15102 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14178 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.