Education and Society involves critical inquiry into the social, political, cultural, economic and personal theories and practices of lifelong education.
Education and Society involves critical inquiry into the social, political, cultural, and economic policies, theories and practices of education in New Zealand society. Its origins are in humanities and social science disciplines such as History, Philosophy, and Sociology, and it has close affinities with contemporary interdisciplinary fields exploring social policy, culture, gender, and work. Education and Society raises questions about the role of education in addressing issues of social justice, power and inequality.
Education and Society at the University of Waikato is available as a major for the BA and BSocSc. Education and Society may also be taken as a second major or as a supporting subject within other undergraduate degrees, subject to academic approval of the Faculty or School of Studies in which the student is enrolled.
- Education Policy and Society
- Issues in Adult and Tertiary Education
- Curriculum Policy and Possibilities
- Culturally Responsive Methodologies incorporating kaupapa Māori and Critical Theories
- Research Methods
- Directed Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Social Work Coaching View 3 other Masters in Coaching in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International22626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22626 USD per year during 12 months.
National5080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5080 USD per year during 12 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,098-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615 - $35,980 (120 pts) or $47,425 - $53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.