The Master Of Science In Education in Higher Education Administration from The City University of New York is ideally structured to meet the needs of people currently working in higher education who seek to advance their role and responsibilities.
The HEA program welcomes full-time students and those new to higher education. Whether you are currently in the field or looking to change careers, the program offers the framework needed to succeed in today’s ever-changing higher education domain. Graduates pursue careers as executives, directors, coordinators, and analysts of programs and services on college campuses and beyond.
The HEA focuses on the following distinct substantive areas within higher education:
- The History and Structure of Higher Education
- Fundamental Skills for Higher Education Leaders
- Leadership in Higher Education
- Advancing the Academic Mission and Student Success
- Planning and Assessment in Higher Education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The History of U.S. Higher Education
- Public and Nonprofit Management
- Student Affairs in Higher Education
- The Financing of Higher Education
- Research for the Educational Administrator
- Administrative Services in Colleges and Universities
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Finance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3766 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $75 application fee
- Official transcripts
- Two official letters of recommendation
- 5000-1000 words essay
- Applicants who completed their bachelor’s degree in a country where English is not the official language of instruction are required to submit either TOEFL, IELTS Duolingo scores.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
New York State Residents
- Full-time $5,545 / semester
- Part-time $470 / credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.