An Agricultural Science research degree from University of Tasmania , is an advanced study program that gives you an opportunity to deeply explore a topic of your choice and the expertise of their supervisors. To find an expert in your field of interest, see the Web Access Research Portal (WARP) site.
A Master of Research enables individuals to expand their breadth of knowledge and expertise in their chosen discipline.
The Degree provides candidates with advanced skills to carry out independent and sustained research. Candidates will be able to demonstrate specialist knowledge in the area of their research, present the results of their research in a publishable quality and demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, research ethics and codes of practice.
Master of Research degrees are internationally recognised research degrees.
The Master of Research is a demonstration of a graduate's ability to initiate a research project and to formulate viable research questions, to design, conduct and report independent and original research on a defined project and to demonstrate critical evaluation of scholarly literature.
As a result, Master of Research graduates have the opportunity to pursue diverse career paths, including professions in research and academia, as well as a broad spectrum of professions in the public and private sector, including: agriculture, life science areas, business and management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master of Research Candidates are concurrently enrolled in a Graduate Certificate in Research designed to provide you with a range of training activities and career development opportunities that assist in developing high-level research, communication and management skills.
- The skills obtained will give you an edge with future employment opportunities.
- The University also offers candidate opportunities to engage in research seminars, present at conferences and participate in skill development workshops.
- The campus of study will vary depending on the location of the candidate, the supervisor and the research field.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior.
DisciplinesAgriculture Plant & Crop Sciences View 14 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should apply after finding a potential supervisor and discussing and agreeing on their proposed topic. Applicants will be considered who have:
- an honour's degree with at least second class lower standard; or
- a masters degree with a minimum research component (e.g., a thesis); or
- substantial demonstrated sector experience, previous higher education studies and professional experience and/or published research work.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36200 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic students will be provided with a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset scholarship
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.