In 1984, the faculties of the Economics Department and of the School of the Environment recognized the value of integrating instruction in economic development and in natural resources and formalized a degree program that, in two and one-half years, leads to both the Master of Arts degree in Economics and one of four degrees from the School of the Environment.
Students in International and Development Economics Joint Degree earn a Master of Arts degree (MA)in International and Development Economics (IDE) from Yale University's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS)and one of four degrees from the School of the Environment (YSE), Master of Environmental Management (MEM), Master of Environmental Science (MESc), Master of Forest Science (MFS), or Master of Forestry (MF).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For the Master of Arts degree, the IDE program of study revolves around a core curriculum of six required courses, and at least two elective courses of each student’s choosing.
- The core courses are designed to provide students with rigorous academic training, as well as with tools that can be used in policy analysis.
- These semester-long courses are required of all students. See IDE Core Curriculum for more information.
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 283 other Masters in International Business in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Recommendations from two teachers and one counselor
- School Report with transcript
- English proficiency test results - recommended for non-native English-speakers
- Mid-Year Report & Final Report
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46200 USD per year during 30 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46200 USD per year during 30 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.