The MFA in Digital Art and Design - Fine Arts and Technology from New York Institute of Technology helps you push the boundaries of your imagination by producing concept-driven, innovative works of art with both new technologies and traditional tools and mediums.
What you'll study
Each of your classes explores and integrates cutting-edge technology, with an emphasis on its impact on the art experience. Your classroom projects incorporate the use of 3-D modeling software to create memorable characters and environments; motion capture to drive those characters and bring them to life; and experiential art through the use of VR/AR.
- Arts Educator
- Digital Artist
- Digital Sculptor
- Motion Capture Artist
- Multimedia Designer
- Production Artist
- History of Art and Technology
- Critical Thinking and Writing About the Arts
- Aesthetics and Theory
- Thesis Orientation
- Contemporary Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
DisciplinesDesign Fine Arts View 581 other Masters in Design in United States
- B.F.A. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Digital portfolio that showcases your best work through a wide range of media. Portfolio should contain 15-20 high-quality digital images and/or a sample reel of animation/video (max. three minutes).
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Official GRE scores, if required.
- English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
International42000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
National42000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1400 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.