The Master of Science in Architecture, Health and Design from New York Institute of Technology is a two-semester (plus summer term), 30-credit, post-professional master's degree.
We welcome applications from graduates with a background in architecture and design, including healthcare design, interior design, industrial design, product design, etc., as well as those with interest and expertise in design technologies (simulation, visualization, robotic interactions, and fabrication, etc.), computational design, and new materials.
What you'll study
Our coordinated curriculum of design studios, labs, and core and elective courses is threaded with a renovated research-oriented approach to health and design.
You'll explore methodologies that include prototyping at the scale of product and industrial design, the performative qualities of interior spaces, the exploration of material innovations, and the organizational diagrams of larger healthcare institutions.
A final studio project in the summer term will synthesize professional, historical, theoretical, social, and material knowledge, and explore a multidisciplinary topic at the intersection of design, technology and the medical/healthcare fields.
- Health and Design Studio 1: Healthcare Facilities Design
- Elective Seminar 1: Environmental Behavior and Design Intelligence
- Core Seminar 1: History and Theory of Design for Health
- Core Seminar 2: Body, Mind, and Built Environments
- Elective Seminar 2: Medical and Mobility Prototypes
- Health and Design Studio 3: HD Project Based Learning (PBL)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Health Sciences View 2127 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation from references who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional potential and academic ability.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Essay/Statement of Interest: (500 – 1000 words).
- Digital Portfolio of Creative Work: The creative Portfolio should consist of 10-15 pages of your own visual work (format PDF/ MP4, size limit 35 MB).
- The creative portfolio may include selected studio work, examples of creative coursework, assignment-based projects, self-directed work or pieces of a collaborative nature, and could contain multimedia work, drawings, models, computation and fabrication work, paintings, sculpture, video, animation, etc.
- English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS), I-20, and transcript evaluation.
International29400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1470 USD per credit during 18 months.
National29400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1470 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.