Security Studies (Online) from Kansas State University will prepare you for a career in research, teaching, security or international affairs through a broad exploration of social science and historical methodologies, as well as topics relating to security issues. The two core departments are history and political science, but you may draw on expertise and coursework from other disciplines as well.
The security studies master’s degree will prepare you to work in fields such as:
- international affairs
- military services
- Homeland Security
- international security
- Security Studies
- Security Studies Methodology
- History and Security
- International Security
- Transnational Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Admissions decisions for U.S. applicants are made in two rounds. The initial round will close Jan. 8. A second round will close on Aug. 1.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 46 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Names and emails of three professional and/or academic references. At least two of the three letters should be from those who can speak authoritatively to your potential to succeed in graduate studies in an academic context.
- Unofficial transcripts from each institution attended
- A writing sample. This should be between 10 and 30 pages and representative of your best scholarly work. Term papers, thesis chapters and copies of published articles are all examples of acceptable writing samples.
Statement of objectives: State your academic objectives, giving specific reasons for the selection of your field of study, contemplated research areas, and professional plans. Most statements are three to four paragraphs in length. The objectives allow faculty to:
- determine that your expectations of the security studies program are congruent with what the program provides
- review a sample of your writing skills
International16110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 537 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 537 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 537 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.