The Urban Analytics programme at The University of Hong Kong is therefore designed to train and upskill students and professionals able to apply novel urban science and analytics in planning and managing the development of cities. Aiming to bridge the disciplines of social science, urban planning and design and data science, the programme provides a balance between analytical and practical skills on the one hand, and on the other, domain knowledge and urban theory from social, economic, behavioural, environmental and management sciences.
- Equip urban professionals with cutting-edge analytics and modelling skills
- Develop good understanding of urban sciences underlying smart city development techniques
- Support urban policy makers and planning/design/surveying practitioners with urban analytics
- The Master of Science in Urban Analytics degree requires 69 credits within one year of full-time study and two years of part-time study.
- The curriculum of the programme consists of seven urban analytics courses (6 credits each), two urban theory courses (6 credits each; two from an approved list of courses), and a dissertation/capstone project (15 credits).
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Business Intelligence & Analytics Urban Planning View 10 other Masters in Urban Planning in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, candidates
- shall comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula; and
- a Bachelor's degree with honours in the urban or related fields of this University; or
- a qualification of equivalent standard of this University or another university or comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- preferably a professional qualification in the urban or related fields; and
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
International22037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22037 USD per year during 12 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 12 months.
- Local: 42,100 HK$ per year
- Non local: 171,000 HK$ per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.