While the Master of Education in Educational Management from University of Johannesburg is globally informed, you will be expected to interrogate imported information in the light of your local contextual knowledge and practice, and to find your own educational management voice. In short, the programme is designed to raise questions, stimulate critical thought and support reflective professional practice.
The range of modules will add value to previous learning and provide conceptual and theoretical frameworks to make sense of and review practices. Modules are undertaken over a seven-week period. The programme is split over two years and consists of compulsory modules and a minor dissertation, which may take the form of a research report.
- Academic Writing and Research Skill
- Resource Management in Education Leadership and Management
- Education Policy and Practice
- Organisational Behaviour
- Educational leadership
- Qualitative Research in Education Leadership and Management
This programme is specifically aimed at qualified teachers and education managers holding a BEd Honours degree.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Educational Leadership View 5 other Masters in Educational Leadership in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Qualified teachers and education managers holding an NQF Level 8 BEd Honours degree with a research project component in Education, or a related discipline. Students with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education Leadership and Management will be considered if a research project component was completed in the Postgraduate Diploma.
- A suitable professional Bachelor’s degree (NFQ Level 8) plus a teacher’s diploma/teaching qualification and work experience in the proposed field of specialisation; Leadership and Management in Education.
- An appropriate NQF Level 8 Honours degree with a research project component and a teacher’s diploma/teaching qualification, plus work experience in the field of specialisation; Leadership and Management in Education.
- All applicants must have obtained a 65% average in the preceding NQF Level 8 qualification (or equivalent).
- Laptop or PC
- A high-speed internet connection (3G, 4G, LTE, ADSL or Fibre)
- E-book storage and reading
- Study notes storage and reading (PDF, MS Office)
- Video storage and playback
- Video recording
- Audio storage and playback
- Audio recording
- Web browsing
- Document creation
- Access to social networking
International2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2258 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2258 EUR per year during 24 months.
Total tuition fees: ±R37 800
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.