The Master in Sustainable Energy Engineering from University of Johannesburg adopts a multidisciplinary approach by incorporating content that involves Sustainable Energy Technologies, Energy Efficiency and Green Buildings, Sustainable Energy Governance, and the economics in the sustainable energy sector.
The qualified student will be able to:
1. Analyze and develop sustainable energy projects, creatively and innovatively by applying relevant fundamental and applied knowledge.
2. Plan and manage sustainable energy research projects demonstrating underlying fundamental knowledge, understanding and insight into the principles, methodologies and concepts that constitute socially responsible (vis-à-vis all local and other communities) research/development in the chosen field of research practice.
3. Work effectively independently or with others as a member of a team, group, organization, and community or in multidisciplinary environments in the chosen field of research within the scope of sustainable energy.
4. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with relevant professionals and particularly with research audiences and communities at large in so far as they are affected by the research, using appropriate structure, style, and graphical support.
5. Employ various learning strategies and skills to master the outcomes required in preparing him/herself to engage in continuous learning to keep abreast of knowledge and skills in sustainable planning, development, and management of sustainable energy.
6. Demonstrate cultural and aesthetic sensitivity with regards to the socio-economic impact of the execution of sustainable research activities, where applicable.
- SUSTAINABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND GREEN BUILDINGS
- ENERGY AND DEVELOPMENT
- ENERGY ECONOMICS
- ENERGY POLICY FORMULATION
- INTERNATIONAL, GEOG & POL ASPECTS OF ENERGY
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 8 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s (Honours) degree in Engineering, Sciences, or the Social Sciences, or NQF level 8 equivalent. Students are selected based on academic merit and an approved field(s) of study. An average mark of 65% in a previous qualification is generally required.
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 851 EUR per year during 24 months.
(R14,634 – R171,158)
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.