Why this programme
With a sizeable complement of academic staff and postgraduate students, the School of Mathematics and Statistics is one of the largest in the UK.
The research interests in the Mathematics programme of the University of Glasgow cover several areas of Pure and Applied Mathematics. These areas are not mutually exclusive and there are considerable benefits from interactions between the different areas that enhance the research environment.
All our research areas are highly rated internationally and most members of the School have ongoing collaborations with mathematicians overseas and elsewhere in the UK. Many overseas mathematicians spend periods in Glasgow working with members of the School.
There are several series of research seminars with invited speakers from the UK and overseas. There is also a regular postgraduate seminar where our PhD students can develop their presentational skills. All this helps to generate a lively and mutually supportive research environment, which has led to the award of coveted prizes and competitive fellowships for several of our younger staff.
Programme StructureResearch areas
- Geometry and Topology
- Continuum Mechanics
- Integrable Systems and Mathematical Physics
- Mathematical Biology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Applied Mathematics View 108 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United Kingdom
- A 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent
- For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level
- Final or current degree transcripts including grades (and an official translation, if needed)
- Degree certificates (and an official translation, if needed)
- Two references on headed paper and signed by the referee
- Research proposal, CV, samples of written work as per requirements for each subject area
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4596 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4596 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.