Classics (Thesis) from University of Canterbury brings students into contact with some of the greatest and most enduring creations in literature, art, and philosophy that the world has ever known.
Students studying Classics at postgraduate level can look to an academic career or a teaching career in Aotearoa New Zealand and overseas. Many of our former postgraduate students are now working in banks, government, intelligence, and many other jobs that require high levels of analytical skills, self-discipline, and passion for learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Greek Mythologies
- Roman Mythologies
- Roman History
- Beginners' Latin
- Roman Art and Architecture
- Alexander the Great
- Troy and Ancient Epic
- Ancient Economies
- Intermediate Greek Authors
- Intermediate Latin Authors
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
First day of any month
DisciplinesHistory Languages General Studies & Classics View 60 other Masters in Languages in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with Honours degree (or other qualifications of an equivalent standard) within one of the Arts subjects offered in the MA(Thesis).
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International23008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23008 USD per year during 12 months.
National5104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5104 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 7,099 NZD
- International Students - 32,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.