Why this programme
Located within the School of Modern Languages and Cultures with its large and growing range of language areas, the German programme of the University of Glasgow also offer supervision in German Studies as well as opportunities for intercultural and interdisciplinary work. Staff interests and expertise embrace a wide variety of specialisms across language, literature and culture and literature in the modern period. Students will find a supportive and friendly environment and have access to one of the major research libraries in Europe as well as to College-wide training within the Arts and Humanities Graduate School.
- Aesthetics and the history of ideas
- Classicism and Romanticism
- Feminism and Gender Studies
- German cultural theory
- German for business and commercial purposes
- German political and economic thought
- Medical Humanities
- Literature and Culture of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries
- Psychoanalytical theory
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Linguistics View 535 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- Our regular standard of admission is at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree (2:1), although candidates will usually also have completed or be undertaking a Masters qualification
- Candidates are required to provide an outline of the proposed research subject in about 1000 words
- For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level
- Final or current degree transcripts including grades (and an official translation, if needed)
- Degree certificates (and an official translation, if needed)
- Two references on headed paper and signed by the referee
- CV, samples of written work as per requirements for each subject area
International23520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23520 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4596 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4596 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.