The primary purpose of this Master of Nursing Science in Community Health Nursing Science (Occupational Health Nursing Science) from University of Johannesburg is to develop the intellectual and practical competencies of the qualifying student and to facilitate her/his professional values to promote the health of the individual, family, group and community as a specialist, leader and consultant in and as a member of the nursing/midwifery/health team through her/his research, professional and clinical abilities.
Practice as an advanced clinical nurse specialist, leader, consultant and researcher
- Dissertation: Occupational Health Nursing Science Semester 1
- Dissertation: Occupational Health Nursing Science Semester 2
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 292 other Masters in Health Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At entrance level, the prospective student should have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 480 approved credits at level 8 or a post graduate diploma at NQF level 8
- A minimum 65% in the core modules in the undergraduate qualification in which the student intends to obtain the master’s degree.
- Proof of registration at the SANC as a General and primary health care nurse.
- A candidate must be appointed in an approved full-time or part-time post as a nursing practitioner for the duration of the programme if necessitated by the research topic
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 851 EUR per year during 12 months.
(R14,634 – R171,158)
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.