Health Sciences Professional Practice - Health and Community from University of Canterbury helps students understand how communities contribute to health and well-being to increase the effectiveness of health promotion.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Whanau and Community Health
- Health Issues in the Community
- Motivating Behaviour Change
- Research Approaches for Health
- Psychometric Theory and Administration
- Well-Being, Community and Place
- Environmental Health
- Qualitative Health Methodologies
- Quantitative methods in Health
- Special Topic: Research related to Complementary and Alternative Medicine/Integrated Medicine
- 18 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Community Development View 61 other Masters in Public Health in New Zealand
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Canterbury and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A previous relevant bachelor's degree, or appropriate health professional qualification, with good grades (normally a B Grade Point Average or better), and approval from the Dean of Education and Health Sciences.
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International28126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28126 USD per year during 18 months.
National9222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9222 USD per year during 18 months.
- National students - 12,787 NZD
- International Students - 39,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.