At Cinema Studies (Thesis) from University of Canterbury students have the opportunity to tutor in stage one Cinema Studies courses, which allows them to acquire valuable work experience.
Cinema Studies graduates start their careers in film, radio, TV, and online newsrooms, as well as in media roles such as social media managers, online producers, and communications advisors. They also pursue academic careers in secondary and tertiary teaching.
- Intersectionalities: Humans, Animals and Otherness
- Women/Theory/FilmThe Essay Film
'A Small Good Thing': The Short Story in the Old World and the New
Young Adult Fiction
Picture (Im)Perfect: Utopia and Dystopia in Literature
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
First day of any month
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Art History View 23 other Masters in Art History in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must have qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with Honours degree (or other qualifications of an equivalent standard) within one of the Arts subjects offered in the MA(Thesis).
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International23144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23144 USD per year during 12 months.
National5135 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5135 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 7,099 NZD
- International Students - 32,000 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.