International Relations and Diplomacy from University of Canterbury will offer students an innovative, interdisciplinary programme of taught courses with a strong professional emphasis.
The MIRAD caters perfectly for students interested in careers in foreign affairs or inter-state coordination.
While Manatū Aorere | Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade does not require specific tertiary pathways, applicants can find it advantageous to have a postgraduate degree in an analytical subject such as law, political science, international relations, economics, or science.
- Principles and Practice of International Relations
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesHistory International Relations Political Science View 33 other Masters in History in New Zealand
- A bachelor's degree in any subject, normally with at least a B Grade Point Average in 60 points of 300-level courses in the majoring subject; or
- A bachelor's degree and a qualifying course, with at least a B Grade Point Average in 60 points of 300-level courses; or
- A bachelor's degree, and evidence of relevant professional or other work experience; or
- other approved qualifications of an equivalent standard.
- English Proficiency
International29508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29508 USD per year during 12 months.
National8076 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8076 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 11,167 NZD
- International Students - 40,800 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.