This is an innovative and multidisciplinary programme that equips the next generation of lawyers and policy-makers with the ability to engage with the political context of international law and the holistic approaches that are needed for global security, peace and development. International mobility periods are a key part of the programme.
- This International Law of Global Security, Peace and Development programme from University of Glasgow is at the forefront of cutting-edge teaching with its multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach to the international law of global security, peace and development.
- You will be offered mobility opportunities at leading European universities as part of an innovative, multidisciplinary, and integrated team-delivered programme.
- It offers a uniquely comprehensive degree, bringing together all international legal regimes relevant to global security, peace and development, by incorporating specialisms in human rights, migration, peace and security, and sustainable development.
- You will undertake a multifaceted programme of summer schools, guest lectures, legal clinics, work placements, interaction with practitioners, moot courts and language training.
Our Master programme will be a springboard for you to a future career in the fields of law, policy and international relations, having been equipped with unique multidisciplinary and transferable skills, as well as professional experience through internships and work placements. This includes the traditional international legal avenues such as working in legal departments of international organisations such as the United Nations, or in foreign ministries of states, as well as careers in policy and practice both at the international and domestic level.
- International Law of Global Security, Peace and Development
- International Relations of Global Security, Peace and Development
- History and theory of international law
- Human rights law
- Law of international institutions
- Law and practice of the United Nations
- International economic law
- Sustainability science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Funded: 21 January
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 58 other Masters in European Law in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Glasgow and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in law.
- We will also consider applications from other relevant subjects, such as Politics, International Relations, European Studies or War Studies, if as part of the degree, you have gained a basic understanding of the operation of law in an international context.
- You are required to submit a personal statement explaining why you want to undertake the LLM, International Law of Global Security, Peace & Development. Please download the appropriate template for this under required documents.
International17320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17320 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8540 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.