The Master in Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner from Marquette University graduates will also have competence in leadership, evidence-based care and translational research methods for quality improvement as well as preparation at the very highest level to apply advanced clinical assessment and management skills to complex health problems.
- Graduate will be academically eligible for certification as a Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Advisor who works closely with you throughout your program.
- Many faculty are jointly appointed between MU and the Medical College of WI (MCW) and are in current clinical practice at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Students have access to 2 high-fidelity simulation labs (MU and Children’s) and the curriculum weaves leveled simulation experiences throughout the clinical experiences.
- Applicants to the BSN to Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) program should have graduated with, or be about to graduate with, a bachelor’s degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program with an upper division major in nursing.
- The required minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.000 on a 4.000 scale is required for the BSN to DNP. For graduates of foreign nursing schools, a formal evaluation of their nursing program of study documenting equivalency to a U.S. Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree must be submitted.
- Prior to or during the first term of study, all BSN to DNP nursing applicants must have taken undergraduate nursing research and a statistics course which included inferential analysis (must be completed within 5 years of program start date). If the time period of 5 years has been exceeded for the statistics course, it may be possible for applicants to demonstrate proficiency by examination through an approved testing source (list of approved examinations available from the College of Nursing). Applicants who select an advanced practice nursing specialization must have taken an undergraduate course in health assessment.
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse license to practice in the United States. A Wisconsin or eNLC license is required at the time of admission.
- BCLS from the American Heart Association, which must be maintained during all programs. Additional certifications: pediatric primary care – optional PALS prior to clinical.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Promotion Across the Lifespan
- Complex/Chronic Pediatric Health Conditions
- Seminar in Child and Family Health
- Nursing Therapeutics for Acute/Episodic Illness in Children and Adolescents
- Advanced Nursing Care of Children and Families Clinical 1
- Organizational and Systems Leadership
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
All programs have rolling admission. Students should apply three to six months before their intended start date.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Nursing Health Sciences View 2143 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges/universities.
- Three completed recommendation letters prepared by previous or present employers and teachers familiar with graduate education in nursing. (Post-master's certificate requires only one completed recommendation.)
- A resume and written statement of professional goals, including reasons for pursuing graduate study.
- An interview may be required.
- International applicants only: TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
- All applicants must be registered in the United States as a professional nurse. Graduates of nursing schools in foreign countries must successfully complete the certification program administered by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools and must be licensed in Wisconsin.
- Clinical experience requirements - Experience working as registered nurse for at least one year is required prior to beginning any clinical courses.
International8540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1220 USD per credit during 72 months.
National8540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1220 USD per credit during 72 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.