The Executive Master of Public Administration - Master of Social Work MPA/MSW dual degree offered at New York University helps seasoned professionals like you become strategic leaders by complementing a rigorous course of study in social work with additional expertise in management, finance, and policy. This multi-disciplinary approach means you’ll walk away with the tools to take your compassion and amplify it through strong, sustainable organizations and relevant, life-changing programs.
An important aspect of the dual-degree academic experience is the extensive, tailored, and coordinated advisement support from both schools. Students will work with advisors from both schools to carefully choose coursework that takes into consideration their unique academic and professional goals. The many sources of advisement that each school offers include faculty advisors, offices of career services, program administrators, and peer advisors.
Students leave the dual-degree program well supported and equipped with the frameworks and analytical skills that will serve them in the complex and changing intersection of sectors and roles their careers may span.
- Financial Management and discussion
- Strategic Leadership
- Management and Leadership
- Public Policy
- Social Work Practice
- Social Welfare Programs and Policies
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Diversity, Racism, Oppression, and Privilege
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Administration Public Policy View 746 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to apply to each school. Executive MPA applicants should have a minimum of eight years of work experience, with increasingly progressive management and leadership responsibility. Once admitted to both schools, a student will qualify for the dual-degree program.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International86278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2079 USD per credit during 24 months.
National86278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2079 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.