The Design program of the University of Technology Sydney draws on aspects of the School’s highly-regarded undergraduate design program to provide the design research and practice fundamentals required for the emerging and increasingly important disciplines of Social and Service Design, and Design Leadership.
The course offers graduates in a non-design background an opportunity to acquire design research, visualization and prototyping skills that allow them craft persuasive design propositions. Graduates' careers are enhanced by higher-level design knowledge and expertise. Students wishing to acquire more developed skills in social and service design or design leadership should choose to complete the Master of Design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Practice Fundamentals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 16 other Masters in Graphic Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 071632B
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised Bachelor's degree in a non-design field, or an equivalent OR higher qualification in a non-design field.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
- Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
- Visa requirement: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21408 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 892 AUD per credit during 6 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.