Your course work and student teaching experiences will prepare you to work with a broad spectrum of learners. At the Teaching Students with Disabilities - Transformational Teaching, Grades 7-12, Initial Certification MA program from New York University you'll learn about:
- Methods for teaching and individualizing instruction for students with disabilities or other learning challenges
- Language and literacy acquisition and development
- The psychological and educational assessments of students with disabilities
- Designing effective curricula for all learners
- Effective classroom management for all students
- Attention difficulties
- Learning disabilities
- Emotional and behavioral disabilities
There is a strong need and consistent shortage of special education teachers in US schools, and your ability to teach students of all backgrounds will make you a highly desirable candidate for employers. You’ll graduate from this program eligible for initial certification in New York State for Special Education grades 7–12, with an option to pursue a certificate extension to also teach grades 5–6.
- Educating Students with Disabilities in Middle Childhood and Adolescent Settings
- Psychological and Educational Assessments in Special Education
- Education of Students with Severe and Multiple Disabilities
- Individuals with Disabilities in School and Community
- Strategies for Teaching Students with Emotional/Behavioral Disorders
- Teaching and Learning English Language Arts in the Middle/High School
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 3074 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.