The combination of digital and physical technologies that is driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) is changing our world. Our MSc Engineering Project Management offers the opportunity to develop the management skills to implement technical strategies in projects across the Engineering industry sector.
This Engineering Project Management course at Manchester Metropolitan University explores specialist challenges to the key objectives of innovation and sustainability in the delivery of new engineering systems, products, enterprise and services for Industry 4.0.
Throughout this course, you’ll develop specialist skills for the management of multidisciplinary projects along with techniques to manage the operational and developmental phases of product and system life cycles.
You’ll have one optional unit that can be aligned to previous experience, e.g. mechanical or electronic engineering, and will be guided to choose an individual engineering project that supports your career ambitions.
Our teaching staff come from a range of professional backgrounds with active networks in various sectors, from manufacturing engineering and environmental industries, to railways and built environment. Together, this multidisciplinary group will help you to become a rounded professional, ready to apply for engineering management roles in organisations globally.
Features and Benefits
- Professional skills - We deliver the project management principles from both the Association for Project Management (APM) UK and Project Management Institute (PMI) USA. The course content is also designed to deliver outcomes defined by The Engineering Council as further learning for your professional registration.
- Experienced teaching - Within the Department of Engineering, we have more than 60 highly respected academic staff members and post-doctoral researchers working at the forefront of their field. You’ll also be supported by an experienced technical team.
- Excellent facilities - We’ve got industry-standard facilities, giving you the latest tools and equipment to help you hone your practical skills.
- Additional qualifications - We will support you to undertake the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) or Prince2 Foundation as an additional qualification (fees applicable).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Connected Digital Systems
- Management of Project Professional Practice
- Engineering Design for Innovation
- System Engineering for Industry
- Individual Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Industrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 148 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- You'll need a UK honours degree - at least a 2:2 - or the international equivalent, in engineering, physics, mathematics, computing or equivalent. Applicants with relevant and extensive professional experience in the relevant fields will be considered.
International students who successfully complete any of the pre-masters courses below will also be eligible to join the course:
- Certificate in Professional Studies: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Certificate in Professional Studies: Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate of Achievement for Engineering Practice (Electronic Engineering)
- Certificate of Achievement for Engineering Practice (Mechanical Engineering)
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.