This Pathokinesiology - Post-Professional Degree MA from New York University concentrates on pathokinesiology. Throughout the degree, you will develop into a scientific thinker – gaining expertise in the analysis and synthesis of human motion, the measurement and evaluation of human motion, and research design and implementation.The curriculum incorporates electrogoniometry, electromyography, dynamometry, and cinematography to illustrate the most advanced theories and techniques for measuring and evaluating human motion.
By the end of your studies, you will have developed knowledge in:
- Clinical research skills in methodology and data analysis
- The components of normal and abnormal human motion
- The biomechanical and neurophysiological factors foundational to the improvement of motor control in individuals with physical disabilities
- The formulation and testing of conceptual models to analyze and improve motor control
- The communication of research that tests a hypothesis concerning human motion
Careers and Outcomes
- Upon graduating from the Pathokinesiology - Post-Professional Degree MA from New York University, you will be a well-rounded clinician and researcher positioned to bring a scientific mindset to your work.
- Potential career paths include working as a practitioner, researcher, faculty for a physical therapy program, or facility supervisor (hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, schools for children with physically disabling conditions, nursing homes, private practices), or within public service agencies.
- Analysis and Synthesis of Human Motion
- Measurement and Evaluation in Human Motion
- Research in Physical Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Kinesiology View 280 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at New York University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International68680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2020 USD per credit during 12 months.
National68680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2020 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.