The Master in International Relations at University of Palermo offers students the opportunity to study the complexities of the international context and to understand the global political system and its organization, changes, and challenges.
In an inspiring multicultural environment, in a city that is undergoing great transformations and was recently declared UNESCO world heritage site, students explore the topics from a multidisciplinary perspective (Political Science and International Relations, Law, Economics, History and Political Philosophy) and through activities where they can apply their newly acquired skills. Through seminars and workshops organized throughout the year, students have the opportunity to interact with experts willing to share their experience and expertise in areas of relevance for international politics.
Learning outcomes and career opportunities
Students are expected to obtain advanced knowledge in the analysis of international processes and policies, to gather and analyze data concerning global political processes and international crises and to understand complex decision-making. Students will learn how to write policy analyses, scenarios and country reports.
Moreover, they will focus on the historical, philosophical, political, legal and economic areas, developing skills that will enable them to critically analyze the complexity of contemporary global challenges.
Students may find placement opportunities in international or multicultural environments, including global or regional intergovernmental organizations, multinational corporations, think tanks, internationally oriented nongovernmental organizations, public administrations, third-sector organizations and the diplomatic and consular career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary World History
- History of International Relations
- Globalization and European Economic History
- Afro-Asiatic Legal Systems and Mixed Jurisdictions
- Public Governance
- Global Politics and International Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics History International Relations View 39 other Masters in International Relations in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to Master’s degree, an assessment of the competences and knowledge acquired by the student during Bachelor’s studies, which is carried out during a test according to the procedures described in the Master’s degree programme Regulation.
- The admission will be also possible in case the students has obtained another educational qualification outside Italy and recognized suitable for admission in accordance with the Didactic Regulation of the University of Palermo, together with curricular requirements and a suitable skills and competences acquired.
Living costs for Palermo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.