More and more business graduates work with service production in service companies, in public agencies, and in other businesses where the service aspect is gaining ground. Our programme has evolved from the extensive research pursued at CTF (Service Research Centre), Karlstad University, in a multidisciplinary environment. You can study towards one of three Master of Science degrees: Master (60 credits), Continuation Master (75 credits), or Master (120 credits). A Master"s degree in business administration meets international demands.
This programme provides education adapted to different tasks in companies and public agencies. The Master (60 cr) means a total study period of four years (three in undergraduate study plus one at Master level). This has been the standard requirement for economists in Sweden for a long time and is probably needed in a competitive employment sector. If you choose the Continuation Master 75 ECTS cr, you will have attractive qualifications for Swedish employers. The Master (120 cr) is often a requirement for many positions internationally.
The programme leads to a Master of Science qualification (60/75[82.5] or 120 credits). The degree requirements are specified under the heading "Programme Aims" in the Programme Study Plan.
Graduates are eligible to apply for doctoral programmes in primarily business administration. The discipline in which a doctor"s degree will be awarded depends on the specialisations included in the student"s previous studies.
- Value Creation through Service
- Sustainable Business and Leadership
- Service Innovation and Simulation
- Business Cultures - Locally and Globally
- English for international students
- Leadership and Personality
- Introductory Statistics and Regression Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 55 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Sweden
- Bachelor's Degree of at least 180 ECTS credits with a major in Business Administration. Upper secondary level English 6 or B or equivalent.
- Alternative: Degree in; Study Programme in IT-Design: Enterprise Systems and Economy (180 ECTS credits), SGITD-AFEK according to Study Plan valid from HT2012.
International9444 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18889 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Total fee: 170,000 SEK (approximately €18,889)
- If you are an exchange student, or if you have citizenship in a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland, you are NOT required to pay application or tuition fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.