The Master in English Studies - History and Culture of English Speaking Countries from University of Paris enables the study of British and American societies in their diversity, as well as the study of other spheres of the English-speaking world. The variety of approaches (political and social history, history of ideas, political science and sociology) attests to the richness of civilization studies.
What you'll study
The first year of the program includes an introduction to the research methodology in social sciences and it aims to deepen the understanding of the historical, social, political and cultural backgrounds of the areas concerned. Hence, in the second year of the program the student will be fully prepared to develop an original research project based on primary material/sources.
Skills and competencies developed
- Oral and written fluency, good command of specialized vocabulary and advanced knowledge of the history of English-speaking countries.
- Capacity to develop and conduct a professional project or an academic research project in English.
- Methodological tools in social sciences (history, political science, sociology): capacity to pursue a teaching and research career in English-speaking environments.
- Ability to develop in-depth reflection based on theoretical and critical texts in the English language
- Evolutions / Revoutions in the English-Speaking World
- Research Thesis: Conception and Practice
- Academic writing
- Academic presentation
- Research writing workshop
- Digital humanities
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study. This is a selective program. Applications include transcripts, a CV, a cover letter and the outline of a research project, as well as a letter of support from one of the faculty members from the English department (who agrees to supervise the research project and has validated it).
- Near native fluency in English (C1/C2 level).
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
243 € + 91 € CVEC
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.