This new course will help you to develop a comprehensive knowledge and critical understanding of business and practice in the live music and events industries and equip you to navigate this fast-changing and challenging environment. It also sets out to examine how the live music and events industries interact with wider social and technological transformations, critically important in a socially distancing environment necessitating new business models such as live streaming, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
At Westminster, we already have a highly regarded background and established reputation for successful teaching and research in music and events from the very heart of the global centre for live music, London. Our Live Music Management MA has been developed alongside and is heavily integrated with industry and will be delivered by both leading academics as well as frequent guest speakers from the live music industry (including leading industry spokespeople and companies).
- The Live Music Management MA equips you to acquire deep understanding of the business of festivals, touring, clubbing and underlying concepts such as the “experience” economy and entrepreneurship, providing coherent, focused study, for those working in or interested in a career within live music, festivals, touring and events, worldwide.
- Career development and entrepreneurial skills are embedded within module content to develop workplace relevance and career skills. Graduate employability is further enhanced with teaching by frequent industry guest speakers (one per session in four of the seven modules) and opportunities for internships through the course's industry and practitioners links.
- Potential graduate destinations cover a wide and diverse range including: festival organisation, tour management, public and private sector venue management and operation, performance and talent pipelines and event marketing and promotion. For context, graduates from the University’s sister course, Music Business Management MA, are now working in the broader music industries with companies including Apple, Spotify, Universal Music Group, Sony, Pledge Music, Kobalt, Shazam and PIAS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Live Music Management
- Creating the Attraction and Event Experiencescape
- Event Planning and Management
- Managing the music city: Policy and strategy issues in the live music economy
- Live Matters: Music Performance as Culture and Industry
- Music Business Management Final Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Music View 282 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in a relevant degree or with relevant experience.
- Applicants without formal qualifications should be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in the live music industry or related music industries.
- If your first language is not English you should have anIELTS 6.5 with 6.5 in writing and speaking.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK PT tuition fee: £1,100 (Price per 20-credit module)
- International PT tuition fee: £1,500 (Price per 20-credit module)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.