This MA Interior Architecture MA at the University of Westminster , therefore, is both conceptual and pragmatic; experimental and rigorous. With a special focus on people and place, the course will encourage you to develop a deep sympathy for the needs and aspirations of the users of a space, as well as a sensitivity towards (and response to) physical and social contexts.
Located within the School of Architecture and Cities in central London, you’ll be taught and guided by research-active and industry-experienced staff. Increasingly international, and ever growing, our sought-after Master's course offers you the opportunity to develop your own pathway and focus on a contemporary issue of special importance to you.
The broad range of skills taught on the Interior Architecture MA has enabled our graduates to either strengthen or change their career paths. We strive to encourage our students to develop their professional interests while studying with us to allow them to build a portfolio of work that they can then use to find appropriate work in the sector once they graduate. As a result, the course has helped many students to relaunch their careers after graduation. Former graduates of this course practice in a variety of areas of design. These include interior architecture, retail design, exhibition design, set and lighting design, product design, and interior conservation, as well as multidisciplinary and traditional architectural and design practice. Our MA may also form a platform for continuing study with a career in academia or research.
For students who take the course and are interested in further study, we offer suitable applicants the opportunity to study for an MPhil/PhD degree, not only through the traditional research mode, but also through a PhD by design route.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Decoding the Interior (20 credits)
- Thesis Development (20 credits)
- Retail Design (40 credits)
- Technical Study (20 credits)
- Case Study (20 credits)
- Thesis Project (60 credits)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 57 other Masters in Interior Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Westminster and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design or a related design discipline. We also consider applicants from recognised international pre-Master’s programmes which include a portfolio element. We may also consider qualifications in other related subject areas, as well as demonstrable practical experience or knowledge of interior architecture, at the appropriate level. Applicants would ideally also be expected to have some relevant experience in interior architecture or design practice.
- Applicants will be asked to submit their portfolio in an electronic format once they have made an application.
- If your first language is not English, you should have an IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK PT tuition fee: £1,100 (Price per academic year)
- International PT tuition fee: £1,600 (Price per academic year)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.