You will study a range of subjects in considerable depth, including bioactive compounds, industrial bioprocesses, microbial physiology and fermentation technology, microbial production of novel metabolites, monitoring and control of fermentation, topics in biotechnology, and types of bioreactors.
- Upstream/Downstream processing
- Quality Assurance, Quality Control
- Process Development / Technology Transfer
- Research and Development, eg involving strain improvement
- Regulatory Affairs
- Sales e.g. Technical Sales Representatives / Account managers
- Academia, eg teaching or further study to PhD degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Fermentation Technology
- Industrial And Environmental Biotechnology
- Postgraduate Research Methods
- Postgraduate Project
- Science, Technology And Commercialisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 486 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in biological sciences or a related discipline. Professional qualification of equivalent status and associated work experience or an equivalent qualification deemed suitable by the course team.
- If your first language is not English you should have an IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in writing.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.