The MSc in Professional Accounting and Finance from University of Wolverhampton will provide you with an in depth grounding for your professional and/or academic career in finance, business and accounting. It will develop your strategic understanding and critical thinking of the main finance and accounting theories upon which modern business decisions are made as well as exploring the role and importance of accounting information in the management of corporations.
Why choose this course
Through your dissertation you will be able to investigate in depth a business, accounting or management issue, applying your research and quantitative skills which have been further developed throughout the course.
Studying for your ACCA papers will be taken with the support and guidance of Kaplan Financial Limited. Kaplan has become one of the world’s largest providers of professional accounting education with operations in more than 30 countries.
In addition, the course will provide you with the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities. These could include, for example, a visit to the London Stock Exchange, and guest lectures from prominent individuals within the financial world. These activities are designed to enhance your knowledge, understanding as well as enjoyment of your course.
Potential Career Paths
- Financial Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Business Partner
- Commercial Analyst
- Credit Controller
- Finance Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Financial and Performance Management
- Corporate Reporting and Governance
- International Business Environment
- International Finance
- Independent Business Analysis Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting International Business View 277 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- A good undergraduate honours degree (second class and above) in accounting which provides exemption from the first nine papers of the ACCA professional qualification from a UK university or overseas equivalent
- Or, the first nine papers of the ACCA qualification and ideally three years of relevant work experience. Students with less experience may be considered.
- Please check our minimum language entry requirements before submitting your application;
- We offer a range programmes in English as a Foreign Language if you don't meet these requirements.
- Students may apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) subject to the guidelines set out in the UWBS RPL Handbook. RPL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
International9920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14880 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
National7886 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11830 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.