The QEM - Models and Methods of Quantitative Economics course at Autonomous University of Barcelona of this master program in economics offers a rigorous education in fundamental quantitative tools by combining core economic theory with related quantitative disciplines such as Probability, Statistics, Econometrics, Finance, Actuarial Science, Mathematical Modelling, Computation and Simulation, Experimental Design, and Political Science. The breadth of courses offers students the opportunity to specialize in one of these many areas in accordance with their interests along with a number of course tracks. These being areas that are increasingly vital in both research orientation for further studies and in the job market for positions in government organizations, private companies, or financial institutions.
- Probability and Statistics
- Foreign Language Course in French, German, Italian or Spanish
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Self-funded: June 30
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Statistics View 16 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The selection of candidates is based on common admission criteria that rely on academic excellence. They must have a recognized Bachelor in Economics or an equivalent degree (three years, 180 credits) in line with national legislation. In any case, a basic training in quantitative methods is required. The applicants must have performed well above average during their undergraduate studies, have good knowledge of English certified by a TOEFL or IELTS by a score of 213 (TOEFL, computer-based) or 6.0 (IELTS).
- Academic assessment is done by experts from the field, on defined criteria and under exclusion of any conflict of interests. The Committee will classify candidates pursuant to the following criteria, chosen to select the best-suited candidates: academic record, relevant academic background in quantitative methods, motivation of the candidate, recommendations, work experience, internships, research paper, and social competence.
International4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 EUR per credit during 24 months.
EU/EEA1680 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28 EUR per credit during 24 months.
- partner countries (4500 EUR) / non-partner countries (9000 EUR)
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.