Autonomous University of Barcelona professional, research-oriented High Energy Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology program is taught by highly recognized scientists in their respective fields. In addition to a direct and personalized education experience, students have the possibility of interacting with local as well as foreign professors, who can provide links to international universities and research centers for future professional positions.
Learning outcomesThe programme’s main goal is to provide students with the essential tools for them to become outstanding research scientists in their field of choice. If you are interested in pursuing a research career, you are encouraged to start with a master's degree (and eventually a PhD) and therefore, this degree provides the education needed for you to gain experience in high-energy physics, astrophysics and cosmology, initiate research collaborations with scientists all over the world and, essentially, learn how to do independent research.
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Observational Techniques
- Standard Model: Fundamentals and Phenomenology
- Stellar and Planetary Astrophysics
- Advanced Quantum Field Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission requirements are as follows:
- a degree in Physics or Astronomy, or alternatively in Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, or other related science subjects;
- level B2 in English. If this cannot be shown through an official certificate, the candidate's level will be assessed jointly by the Master's Commission during the selection stage.
International3960 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 66 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA1680 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.