The Applied Research in Economics and Business programme at Autonomous University of Barcelona offers you an advanced scientific and research education in two possible areas of specialisation (Applied Economics or Creation and Management of New Businesses and SMEs) with which you can acquire and develop the skills needed to conduct specific activities and be elegible for knowledge-intensive career options, such as the development of a future academic teaching-research career or focusing on professional activities such as the analysis, consultancy and research applied to the economic and private and public business sector, both locally and globally.
- Business research both in the public sector (technical or managerial posts in local, regional or national authorities) and in the private sector (businesses, financial institutions or economic and business consultancies).
- National and international bodies making studies and reports on economic and/or business matters.
- An academic career through research leading to a PhD on a programme at the UAB or another university in Spain or abroad.
- Social agents like chambers of commerce, economic and business promotion activities, business associations or trade unions.
- NGOs and/or businesses engaged in projects of cooperation for development, community or immigrant entrepreneurship, etc., usually with support from governments and national and international organisations.
- The master's degree in Applied Research in Economics and Business, of a research-based focus, consists of 60 ECTS credits that are taken in two semesters over a single academic year. The distribution of these 60 ECTS credits corresponds to 45 obligatory credits, of which 30 are common modules; the master's degree dissertation is 15 credits, and the remaining 15 credits correspond to optional modules.
- In the first semester, students take 30 common obligatory credits: the obligatory methodological-instrumental module (module 1: Quantitative Research Methods in Applied Research in Economics and Business) and the other obligatory thematic module (module 2: Applied Economics and Business), both of 15 credits. All students in the master’s degree must take these two modules in this semester.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In the case of there being more applicants than places available, the following criteria will be applied:
- Academic transcript: 70%
- Professional experience related to the contents of the Master's degree: 10%
- Other studies related to the contents of the Master's degree: 10%
- Good level of English, equivalent to Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: 5%
- Recommendation letters and motivation letter: 5%
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA1680 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.