This interdisciplinary online course provides development professionals with the knowledge and skills to analyse, influence and implement development policies and programmes.
This Public Administration - International Development (Online) programme from the University of York has been designed to break down geographical barriers to study with entirely online delivery that ensures it can be studied from anywhere in the world, from any location, on desktop or mobile devices.
It is a Masters degree that has been specifically designed for the busy lives of working professionals, with academic content accessible at the times that suit you, enabling you to study around your work and family life. You can apply what you learn to your role as you study and continue to progress in your career in parallel. You will study in an interactive online learning environment and collaborate with fellow students from all over the world, providing a unique opportunity to grow your global professional network.
Advancing your career
This programme enables you to develop your knowledge and skills in the field of international development, public administration and public policy. It enables you to take on roles with higher degrees of leadership responsibility and strategic impact. York MPA graduates go on to a wide range of roles, including in government, international NGOs and charities, the NHS, leading consultancies and accountancy firms, universities, banks, and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat you will study
- Drawing from contemporary scholarship and current practitioner approaches used across the globe, you will learn how to analyse and influence multi-stakeholder policy processes and lead development projects, programmes and organisations. Designed for development practitioners in governmental and non-governmental organisations in the UK and internationally, this online course prepares you to meet the challenges of development in complex and demanding contexts.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesPublic Administration International Development View 13 other Masters in Public Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students should normally have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification and the professional experience outlined below.
- If they don't have experience of undergraduate study or only of a lower standard, the application may be considered if they have a suitable professional background, as outlined below.
- Students should have professional experience in the public policy/public service/public administration/international development field. This could be in roles in local or national government, or in non-governmental, intergovernmental or international organisations, the voluntary and charitable sector, and private sector roles which support or deliver public services or which interact with policy making.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside of the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:1.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9840 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9840 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9840 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9840 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.