Health Practice - Violence and Trauma Studies from Auckland University of Technology offers training for health professionals to help reduce damaging behaviour in our communities. It's designed for health professionals with at least three years of clinical experience.
This degree caters for a wide range of ‘people professionals’ - community agency workers, social workers, counsellors, group workers, psychotherapists, probation officers, refugee workers, the military, the police, marae and iwi agencies, prison workers, teachers, occupational therapists, peace workers, nurses, Civil Defence, ethnic health workers, health promoters, first responder emergency services, church workers, occupational therapists, activists.. It's also suitable for those working with trauma and abuse victims family violence workers, drug and alcohol addiction, mental health, disability, and children’s safety programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Principles of Violence and Trauma
- Effective Practice in Violence and Trauma
- Trauma Informed Practice and Psychosocial Interventions
- Health Professional Practice
- Practice Reality
- Critical Enquiry for Evidence Based Practice
- Integrative Research
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApply anytime.
- International applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on availability.
- National deadline for August - 03/05
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Sciences View 27 other Masters in Psychology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Relevant graduate diploma
- Relevant professional qualification
- At least three years of relevant professional experience
- May be required to complete prerequisite courses in chosen subject area
- May be asked to provide evidence of current professional practice
- May be required to meet Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA Act) and Children's Act 2014 requirements and other relevant legislation
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with no band less than 6.0
International27731 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27731 USD per year during 18 months.
National6427 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6427 USD per year during 18 months.
- Domestic: 8,807 NZD per year
- International: 38,002 NZD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.