With Sport, Exercise and Health from Auckland University of Technology you can specialise in coach and athlete development, outdoor learning, physical activity and nutrition, sport leadership and management, or strength and conditioning. You can also complete this master’s degree through a flexi pathway by choosing from the full range of courses available across the specialisations.
At the heart of the programme is the dissertation, which enables you to research a topic of your interest, under the guidance of AUT’s globally renowned sport and recreation staff. The programme is flexible, and is offered as a mix of online and on-campus block courses.
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Exercise physiologist
- Performance analyst
- Manager of performance programme
- Outdoor Learning and Development
- The Human-Nature-Hauora relationship
- Outdoor Crafting
- The Societal Role of Outdoor Learning
- Exercise Physiology
- Enhancing Muscular Performance
- Applied Human Movement Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on availability.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 11 other Masters in Sports Sciences in New Zealand
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Auckland University of Technology and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Must have completed one of the following with a B grade average or higher: Bachelor of Sport and Recreation, or equivalent; or Graduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise, or equivalent
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; or equivalent
International36732 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36732 USD per year during 12 months.
National8414 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8414 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: 13,436 NZD per year
- International: 58650 NZD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.