Key Facts about the Sport and Exercise Nutrition course at University of Huddersfield
The course offers you an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills relevant to the broad spectrum of professional training in sport and exercise nutrition. This includes working with athletes and sports teams who use nutrition to optimise training adaptations and athletic performance, or using nutrition to address health issues such as rising rates of obesity and type 2 diabetes, as well as an increasingly elderly population.
- You will be exposed to classic and contemporary issues within sport and exercise nutrition, whilst also developing fundamental skills required to work in applied practice and research.
- You will be a taught in a stimulating and supportive learning environment that draws on expert knowledge, research and applied practice.
- You may have an opportunity to attend a work placement within the sport and exercise sector.
- The course leader is a SENr Academic Associate and the course team also includes a professional Sport and Exercise Nutritionist who works with a professional football club.
- You will complete a major research project during the course and have the opportunity to potentially publish your work in peer reviewed sport and exercise nutrition journals.
Overall, this course will help facilitate your future career aspirations, including applied practice and/or further study at Doctoral level.
We welcome applications from international students as sport and exercise nutrition is a truly global area. The course staff and the wider University provides additional support to those students who come from overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Sport and Exercise Metabolism
- Advanced Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- How to be a Postgraduate Researcher
- Ergogenic Aids Supplements and Anti-doping
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 370 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a science-based subject, which may include, Nutrition, Dietetics, Biological Science, or Sport and Exercise Science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.