Through applied research-oriented teaching, field activities and laboratories, the Earth Dynamics programme from University of Padua, offers advanced education and training in the geosciences, fostering innovative thinking on diverse issues crucial for future societies such as the prevention and mitigation of geohazards, land planning and environmental management, Climate Change, prospection and sustainable exploitation of georesources, geomaterials, cultural heritage protection, planetary exploration.
A student exchange international programme is active with the Department of Geosciences of the University of Frankfurt (Germany).
Graduates work as geologists in private companies and public agencies or as free-lance professionals and consultants. They will develop managerial careers in the energy industry and in multinational corporations and NGOs with focus on environment and sustainability. The Master’s degree provides a sound basis for accessing PhD courses in high-profile research universities worldwide.
- Earth Surface Processes and Deposits
- Earth Interior and Evolution
- Past Life and Climates
- Geological Resources for Sustainable Development
- Carbonate Facies Analysis for Paleoclimate Reconstructions
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Geological Science and Technologies is required. Other Bachelor’s degree in related sciences will be singularly evaluated to assess proven basic skills in geosciences, possibly requiring additional training and learning activities.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
- You can often get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents with you when you finally go to the university.
- If you are admitted to the degree course, you will have to submit other documents including original and translated/legalised copies of your previous qualifications, etc. No legalised documents are required at application stage.
- English B2 Level (CEFR) or equivalent
International2622 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2622 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2622 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2622 EUR per year during 24 months.
Our tuition fees are balanced according to your family’s income and will not exceed 2600 euros per year. Also, we offer a wide range of funding opportunities.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.