The Mathematics Department at SFU brings together world-class research faculty in a collegial atmosphere. Learn skills and forge connections to launch your career—in academia and beyond. Students admitted to the Applied and Computational Mathematics program from Simon Fraser University, will complete one of two program options.
Challenge yourself with rigorous coursework and rewarding research. We offer a breadth of thesis-based MSc and PhD programs in pure mathematics, applied and computational mathematics, and operations research to prepare you for your next steps in your career.
- Asymptotic Analysis of Differential Equations
- Partial Differential Equations
- Applied Functional Analysis
- Real Analysis
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 25 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.