The Social Anthropology and Intensive Language (Korean) programme from SOAS University of London is designed on a modular basis offering different pathways to suit three categories of students:
- students with a degree in social anthropology wishing to pursue more specialist topics and/or more regional and language-based study
- students with little or no previous knowledge of social anthropology wishing to acquire a broad knowledge of the discipline
- students with little or no previous knowledge of social anthropology wishing to take the degree as a conversion course before proceeding to a research degree in anthropology
Why study MA Social Anthropology at SOAS
- SOAS is ranked 5th in the UK in the 2021 QS World University Rankings for Anthropology and 16th in the world
- draw on the exceptional regional expertise of our academics in Asian, African, and Middle Eastern languages and politics, many of whom have joined us with a practical working knowledge of their disciplines
- join our thriving community of alumni and academics who have an impact on the world outside of academia
- flexibly structure your programme using our optional modules and/or the optional modules from other departments, including the opportunity to learn a regional language
- we are specialists in the delivery of languages; your command of a language at SOAS will set you apart from graduates of other universities
- this programme has a first-rate graduate employability record.
Students from SOAS’ Department of Anthropology and Sociology develop an in-depth understanding of the world. Employers value our graduates’ cultural awareness and global perspective, as well as their skills in analysis, data interpretation and problem-solving.
Recent Department of Anthropology and Sociology graduates have been hired by:
- Allen & Overy
- British Council
- Hackney Migrant Centre
- IFAD (International Fund for Agricultural Development)
- IOM- UN Migration
- Media 52
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intensive Elementary Korean
- Intensive Summer Korean Abroad
- Theoretical Approaches to Social Anthropology
- Ethnographic Research Methods
- Anthropology of Development and Sustainability: Knowledge, Power and Inequality
- Anthropology of Sustainability: Global Challenges and Alternative Futures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Language Studies Languages View 462 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We will consider all applications with 2:ii (or international equivalent) or higher. In addition to degree classification we take into account other elements of the application including supporting statement and references.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11520 GBP per year during 24 months.
Part-time 4 Years:
- UK Students: £5,760
- Overseas Students: £11,250
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.