SIAT offers Master of Arts, Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees, and a Graduate Certificate Program in Visual Analytics. Our program focuses on the technological and cultural changes that radically reshape our world today. Intellectual diversity is essential to address such change, therefore methods and practices from art, design, science, technology and the humanities inform our research community.
FeaturesAll Master of Science Interactive Arts and Technology degree from Simon Fraser University grad students study research and design methods across the program and within their own specialization. They also learn how computing works and how it affects the creation of new designs and systems. Admission to the program is based on academic preparation, intended focus of study, identified fit and supervisory agreement with one of our research faculty members.
- Science, Technology, and Culture
- Interdisciplinary Design Approaches to Computing
- Foundations of Research Design
- Research Colloqium
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Natural Sciences Engineering Management View 22 other Masters in Engineering Management in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International4050 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2025 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4050 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2025 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.