The Gerontology program from Simon Fraser University is for those with an undergraduate degree in a related discipline and who have completed coursework in aging. Two concentrations are offered: Environment & Aging and Health & Aging.
Applicants will upload all their post-secondary transcripts as part of the online process. However, "Official" transcripts must also be received by the Department of Gerontology Graduate Program Assistant directly from each issuing institution.
- Interdisciplinary Theories in Gerontology
- Community Based Housing, Health and Support Services for Older Adults
- Institutional Living Environments
- Families, Communities and Health
- Aging in a Technological World
- Special Topics in Gerontology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
September 1st to 30th for January admission
A minimum of 30 units, or a project for a minimum of 38 units.
DisciplinesGerontology View 14 other Masters in Gerontology in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.