Reconnect with the natural and technological environments that sustain us in our emerging post-industrial society, on the Curriculum and Instruction - Ecological Education program from Simon Fraser University, through:
- laboratory and research sessions,
- seminars on important global environmental issues, and
- independent opportunities for student-led research and guided inquiry both campus based (SFU Surrey) and to other field locations in the Georgia Basin region.
You will be encouraged to consider multiple perspectives on the goals, values and interdisciplinary nature of place-based, indigenous and ecological forms of education, while also obtaining a grounding in models for learning and teaching environmental topics in both school-based and informal settings.
Specifically, we consider education ‘for’, ‘in’ and ‘about’ the environment and app
- Issues and Topics in Environmental Education
- Social and Moral Philosophy in Education
- Developing Educational Programs and Practices for Diverse Educational Settings
- Study of Learning Environments
- Implementation of Educational Programs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Seven 5-unit courses over six terms.
DisciplinesEcology Instructional Design View 23 other Masters in Ecology in Canada
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International6426 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3213 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6426 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3213 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.